From my perspective, if you are in Sales then you can’t afford to miss out reading this book. If you have ever been looking for a good coaching in Sales to become a Superstar sales rep, then this book has all the essential ingredients which will help you to achieve success. Mind it, I am saying ingredients not formulas.
This books will do 3 things for you :
- It will help you strategize your selling efforts
- It will give you tips to write better emails, make better telephonic conversations and be consistent
- It will make you mentally tougher to perform your job
What’s the basic premise ?
To succeed in Sales you need to spend 80% of your time in prospecting. Prospecting is the main reason you don’t have a pipeline which in turn is the main reason you are missing your quotas. Given the haphazard nature of a sales job, you can’t expect things to fall sequentially, so need to use your time and energy wisely. And this is possible if you are focused.
I will be writing posts on this book and I am summarizing so that if you don’t have time to read through the book: you can at least read through my blog and adopt things which might help you to become a better seller :
- Chapter 1: The case for prospecting
- Chapter 2: Seven mindsets of Fanatical Prospectors
- Chapter 3: To cold call or not co Cold Call
- Chapter 4: Adopt a balanced prospecting methodology
- Chapter 5: The more you prospect, the luckier you get
- Chapter 6: Know your numbers, managing your ratios
- Chapter 7: The 3 Ps that are holding you back
- Chapter 8: Time – The great equalizer of sales
- Chapter 9: The objectives of prospecting
- Chapter 10 : Leveraging the prospecting pyramid
- Chapter 11: Own your database – Why the CRM is your most important tool.
- Chapter 12: The law of familiarity
- Chapter 13: Social Selling
- Chapter 14: Message Matters
- Chapter 15: Telephone prospecting Excellence
- Chapter 16: Turning around RBOs – Reflex Responses, Brush-Offs and Objections
- Chapter 17: The secret lives of Gatekeepers
- Chapter 18: In person Prospecting
- Chapter 19: Email Prospecting
- Chapter 20: Text Messaging
- Chapter 21: Developing Mental Toughness
Each chapter has some important concepts which if practiced will help you to become a better sales person.